Shoulder of Road Accidents
There are numerous different types of car accidents. One of the most common accidents is an accident occurring at the shoulder of a road or highway. Emergencies arise that require drivers to pull over to the shoulder or side of the road. However, this location is not particularly safe. By handling these emergencies, drivers are distracted, and often fail to completely pull over. This failure along with poor visibility at night cause accidents. These accidents can result in substantial medical bills, lost wages, potential disability, and pain and suffering. The experienced attorneys at Slatter Law Firm will aggressively fight to recover the maximum compensation for your injuries.
- Whether the car was fully pulled over to the shoulder of the road or blocked a traffic lane;
- Whether parked car had hazard lights on;
- Reason for pulling over to the shoulder of the road;
- Time of day; and
- Reason other driver collided with parked car.
- Pull over completely to the shoulder of the road and ensure that your car is not obstructing any traffic lane;
- Avoid standing near your vehicle as you handle your emergency;
- If possible, stop on the right side of the road or highway; and
- Turn on your hazard lights.